Thursday, May 23, 2013

Essence Floral Grunge - Madly Purpled

 Hey guys! Today I have a nail polish from the Essence Floral Grunge collection. I bought two polishes from this collection, a matte and a 'textured' one. I'll be writing about the matte today.


This is Madly Purpled. It's decribed as 'the matt'. Matt? I've never seen it spelled like that. Maybe it was an intentional mistake? Stuff like that bothers me! :P Anyway, this polish is quite pretty. It's a pretty dark and gray-ish lavender which makes it, in my opinion, a very classy colour. I really liked the way it looked with my skin tone. It also has a nice subtle silver shimmer.


As you can see however, it can't really be classified as a 'true' matte nail polish. I'd say it dries up to more of a suede finish. If you don't like that, you can slap a topcoat on top of it and you'll have a pretty shiny lavender with noticable shimmer. I actually liked it like this.

The formula was good too. I used two coats and I had no problems applying it!

What do you think of this polish? 

4 comments:

  1. Really like the color of this! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful on you! I love the soft suede finish, too, it works perfectly with the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I am not a fan of matte polishes but I'd wear this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about this one! Normally, matte is not for me.

      Delete