Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catrice - Steel My Heart

Hello again, followers! If you have been following me for a while you might know I have shown you one of the Catrice Brushed Metal Effects before: Steel My Soul, the lighter shade. Today I will be showing swatches of the darker shade, which turned out to be my favourite.


I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of matte or satin polishes, and while it can look very pretty, it's just not for me. I was hesitan about buying these, but they looked pretty in the bottle and I figured they'd look nice with a top coat. Well, when I put Steel My Heart on my nails I was instantly in love. It's unlike anything else I have in my stash.

It's a very dark brown/purple taupe colour with a lot of tiny, multicoloured sparkles that make it a very unique polish to me.


A close up shot. The blue sparkles are so pretty!

As for the formula, it was a bit thick but it was very easy to apply and I had no issues with it. It needed two coats to be opaque, and since I enjoyed the matte/satin finish a lot I did not add a topcoat.

1 comment: