Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pink Wednesday: Polka Dot Tips

Hey everyone. Today is the last day of october, and coincidentally it's a wednesday. So today I'm posting you the last manicure I have done in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't really posted nail art lately. I have been a bit out of it but I'm back to trying out some new things. I'm starting to get my mojo back, I think! So today I felt like doing something a bit different than just a simple swatch. French tips are one of my favourite manicure styles, so that's what I did.


It has been a while since I've used my dotting tools and I decided to pick them back up, since I still need a lot of practice with them! So this is what I ended up with. I went with pink french tips and with my dotting tools I added cute white dots to them. I quite like the outcome myself.


For the basecoat I used two coats of Essie Mademoiselle. This was my first time trying out this polish and I love it. It made my nails look so pretty yet natural. Perfect for french manicures.

For the tops I used one coat of Catrice Hot Or Not?. Let me tell you, I have had this polish for over a year now and it's probably one of my all time favourites. To add the dots I used Essie Blanc and one of my dotting tools.


The dots could have been neater - obviously. But I think it's a cute manicure. I still have lots of ideas for french manicures... so expect to see more on my blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think these are just darling. I've still yet to try out the polka dot french manicure, because it looks so simple and beautiful. One day i'll remember to get around to it :P

    ReplyDelete