Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lavender French Tips

Today I was feeling inspired. I saw a lot of pretty french manicures on several websites, and I decided to try my own. I have these french tip nail guide stickers, but they were absolutely terrible, and I am horrible at freehanding anything except for dots. As a result, my first ever attempt at taping was born!


It's definitely not perfect, but also not bad for a first try. It was surprisingly easy, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! I'm probably going to try out different colour combinations.


As for the colours, I used Essence Pink Diamond for the stripes and NYC Lavender Cupcake for the tips. Topped it off with the Essence Gel-Look Topcoat. I think I would have liked silver stripes better, but I like this combination as well!

2 comments:

  1. It looks cute ^^ I have a personal crush for Nailene's guides; they are just perfect! You should try them for creating smile lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Criminal Nails I've never heard of Nailene, so I doubt it's sold anywhere in The Netherlands. :( The ones I have are from Essence and they are just way too sticky, and WILL damage any base polish I have on, no matter if it's completely dry or not. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete