Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Essence - It's Purplicious Comparison

As some of you may know, Essence has a series of special effect toppers, including glitter top coats. These glitter toppers are some of my favourites because they are very pretty and very cheap.

While I was going through my stash I noticed I have two polishes named 'It's Purplicious'. They're both purple glitter top coats. I'm not sure why Essence gave them the same names, because they're completely different! Today I'm going to show you both of them.


Here they are next to each other, 'Version 1' (left) and 'Version 2' without any base colour underneath. 

In sunlight

Version 1 has pretty small and round purple and silver glitter, with some bigger holographic glitters scattered around. The holographic glitters really add to this top coat, I love it! It's very easy to apply evenly and even without a top coat it's not very bumpy. This one is my favourite.

Version 2, which is apparently harder to find, also has small purple and silver glitter, with big chunky square glitters that are super shiny. It's fairly easy to apply but I did need to dab on the bigger glitters to ensure they were spread out evenly. It's also a bit bumpy, but nothing that top coat can't fix.

I have also layered them over black to see what it would look like!


Ahh, so pretty, aren't they? I love purple, it's my favourite colour for any polish, be it glitter or creme.

In sunlight

So overall these glitters are very pretty and a great addition to my stash! I'm wearing version 1 on my toenails right now and it's super sparkly and gorgeous. If you like these, you should definitely keep an eye out for any of the other glitter top coats by Essence.

1 comment:

  1. They ARE pretty! Both of them, so much that I can't actually decide which one I like the most! They might have an Alzheimer problem over at Essence...

    ReplyDelete