Friday, August 24, 2012

Catrice - Steel My Soul

A few days ago I was in town for a short while and I was able to pick up some of the new Essence and Catrice polishes. Today I'm going to show you Steel My Soul from Catrice, one of the two new brushed metal effect polishes!

I'll admit I was a bit hesitant to get these because matte polishes are usually not my thing. However, after seeing some swatches with topcoats, I decided I needed them.


Steel My Soul is a light taupe colour with a bit of a lilac tone to it, and a very pretty yellowish golden shimmer. The above picture is what it looks like when dried, kind of a suéde, textured finish. It looks pretty nice, and I did like it more than the average matte but it's still not my cup of tea.


...much better! It's super pretty with a top coat. The sparkles are very noticable and really pop. 


A closeup to show the shimmer. It looks like tiny glass flecks. Very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty colour that's no overwhelming. It's nice for when you want a simple polish with a bit of bling!

    ReplyDelete